There's Only One Way...

I am who and what I am, I will try to be honest about facing that!

Monday, October 09, 2006

Answered prayer

I don't think I've really realised until yesterday how good God has been to me the last few weeks. Read my post "Anxious" and it will give only a small window into how terrified I was about leaving home and starting again. I was so nervous when my parents left me here. I know I've lived away from home before but its different when it is a Christian bubble and feels completely safe. I cried when my parents drove away. My mum left a card with me saying how much they hoped I would like my new home, and how hard it would be to leave me. But she also said that they weren't leaving me alone, because Jesus was here. In theory I knew that this was true, but it hadn't sunk in till just now. I was so worried about who my housemates would be, and if I would fit in. I was worried I wouldn't be able to do the work after being out of school for a while and getting out of practise. Most of all I was scared I wouldn't have any support. In actual fact I love my housemates, and we get on really well, as well as with the people in houses around us. It almost feels like an extended family unit already! And the CU have been great. I went to another church to the one I went to in my previous post and it was different again. Afterwards we had a shared lunch and people introduced themselves and were so welcoming. I was asked by two churches if I would help in the children's groups. I feel like although I haven't found a perfect church here (does such a thing even exist?!) I have found a niche in which God could use me. I'm not sure exactly how yet, but I know it is here somewhere. Basically God has provided for me and extinguished the panicy flames that seemed to be burning right inside my heart. Instead he has shown me that he is with me here, and preparing the way, and although I don't yet know the ins and outs of where it will lead it doesn't matter, because He does, and is in control.

For those of you who know her, Jaime Fehr from Spring school is getting married! They got engaged last week and plan to get married on the 24th Feb. I am uber excited for her and cried when she told me! Now I just need to find a way to get to that wedding!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Béthany said...

becky :)

if youre coming to canada, i'd like to see you! where does that jamie person live? its a big place , you know. i'm living in the most remote corner of it, too, so i bet its impossible, but its worht a location check, at least.

6:14 pm  
Blogger Court said...

I walked by a women in the lobby today early in the morning before the world is warm, and I smelled you that beautiful perfume that you use to wear all the time.
I know you have like 5 but it was my fav, and I was remebering you this morning in that sweet, sweet smell.

8:50 pm  
Blogger Court said...

CANADA WHAT!!!!

8:51 pm  
Blogger Leslie Puiras said...

Hahaha I'm in Toronto, ontario!! If for some reason you're flying into toronto, I can pick you up at the airport and deliver you to wherever you need to be. we can talk and have a meal inthere somewhere! Love you chicken!!

3:55 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

thanks for the excitment but if I go to Canada, which is looking doubtful cos of the crappy flight schedules I'll be flying to Winnipeg or Manitoba, and I don't think thats near any of you guys? I don't think it can happen at the mo.

4:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home