This picture is my joke high light of the summer! The guy is Tim Hughes, he's wrote a tonne of our modern Christian songs and he led the worship for two weeks at Soul Survivor. I went there almost stright from camp. Its a big Christian thing, 3 5 day sessions with over 10,000 people at each. Camping. And what do you know that it was our third wettest August on record! It peed from the sky, there were storms, tents flooded and threatened to blow away. But it was great. In the picture I'm stood on the stall that me and my Emily ran for Adam Hawthorne's parents. They're just launching a new clothing range. The stuff is fairtrade, organically grown and all the proffits go to "LIFE ASSOCIATION WELFARE" a charity which helps orphans and widows and builds schools and health centres in India. It was fab, we raised literally thousands of pounds and people loved the clothes. Check them out at http://www.ascensionclothing.co.uk/ . So that was basically a fabulous time, we worked hard and and smelt and were damp the whole time. Oh and I had a kidney infection and a stinking cold from all the rain. But we also got to be part of an organisation which spennt 2 weeks firing young people up for God, introducing hundreds of people to God, some absolutely awesome worship times and some good teaching too. And needless to say I got Tim Hughes to come behind our stall for a picture and got his autograph. I know I'm sad, and you can see how nice and rosy I am with embarrassment!!After that we felt as though we deserved a bit of a holiday, where better than ESPANOL?! Or just Spain. It was great, we sunbathed, we swam, we ate and drank, we sunbathed some more, slept a bit. It was a really beautiful setting for relaxation. When you're floating on top of the mediteranian sea and bobbing along on the waves looking up at a beautiful clear blue sky and surrounded by mountains it feels like surely life can't get any better!!
So yep, thats where I've been all August. I've been home a total of about 4 days, which is why I haven't been in touch with many people over the summer, many apologies, I'll try and do better! I'm home alone this week though with only the dogs for company so I think I'll have plenty time on my hands!!


2 Comments:
Your right...he is quite attractive! ;)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home