Anxious
Tomorrow I start university. All my bags are packed and I have many boxes. I don't see howeverything will fit into our tiny car. Tomorrow I move out. In 3 years, if everything goes to plan I will be an NQT - Newly Qualified Teacher. Somehow that doesn't scare me. What does scare me is life in university life. Living and studying with people who are as yet unknown, in a society which, basically, is not always kind. Particularly to Christians. I know I will be a minority. I think I'll be lucky if there are more than a dozen in the Christian union. I'm nervous. Even though we judge one another deep down whether we mean to or now I'm scared of their judgement, of being judged for being different and feeling left out in the cold whilst all the others join in the drinking games and get pissed in Freshers week, wearing as few clothes as possible and copping off with as many of the opposite sex. Hmm. I know it is a privledge to stand for Jesus, but with the following week looming it sounds like hard work. It would be so much easier to fit in!
Today it dawned on me how much I'm going to miss my friends and family too. I don't know why I would leave home. I love everything about it, I love my family, I have the best friend ever, I have a great home. I know I can't work at Tesco forever, but the alternative is scary! Wish me luck, I'll post when I work out where the library is!


5 Comments:
Becky Becky Becky! I dont know of a more friendly person! You will do a perfect job representing Christ and when the times are hard know that God has not changed and never will. Find your identity in Christ and nothing else matters. Your Gods Child!
Much love always.
dont fret chick, im only a phone call away
no time to comment now but I'm ok, so far so good. details to come!
I Want to copy everything Stephen said and pretent it was me saying that in the first place.
I really pray that God carries you trhough the worries and into the light of His abundant love for you. To quote my favorite song by Thrice - Stand and feel your worth!
You have the opportunity to grow in a way that we can't at our comfortable, American, Christian colleges. I know you will learn so much!
Post a Comment
<< Home