There's Only One Way...

I am who and what I am, I will try to be honest about facing that!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the end of this year

Some of you know that this past year I've been working at Tesco. Like the one in Carnforth only not as scabby and a lot bigger. I always thought it was the same thing, day in and day out. I deal with customers, I have lunch with the same people, I work the deliveries. But somewhere in all that it turns out that actually I found reality. Life working somewhere like that isn't easy. It could quite easily be dead end, and people have worked there for the magority of their working lives, content with earning not a lot more than minimum wage. Yet somehow, although the staff there is a random mish-mash of people it is a community. And I'm shocked that this has happened but I have friends there who I will really miss. Tomorrow is my last day working there and I'm so shocked by how sad I'll be to leave. Granted I wouldn't stay there working for any length of time but still...

So this is me drawing a line under that part of my life. I have summer, and camps, soul survivor, and then university will start, which frankly is terrifying. Out with the old and in with the new I suppose!

NEWS - Sam had a set back which landed him back in hospital for a week (apparently its not good when your back wound where they've removed a tumour is weeping fluids!). But he is back at home now and looking forward to his wedding - this saturday, like in three days! 3 weeks ago - surgery, 1 week ago - more hospital, this weekend - get married! I'll try and get a picture or two for you to see the miracle with your own eyes!

3 Comments:

Blogger jacquie said...

yes chick, it was lovely speaking. no, i didnt find that album yet but not to worry- i will come across it soon enough. really- i had forgotten i asked you bout it, but it is nice to know you didnt. enjoy your last day at tesco. i secretly always wished to work in a grocery store. (but apparently not bad enough to actually work in one.) right well..speak soon.

3:39 am  
Blogger Court said...

good to hear from you my girl. I miss you. We have lots to talk about. Hope you are looking forward to the rest of your summmer and the school. Your gonna be great at it. by for now. Court

3:01 pm  
Blogger Josh said...

yay... for moving on.

4:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home