There's Only One Way...

I am who and what I am, I will try to be honest about facing that!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sam

I don't really know how to put this in words so you'll have to bear with me.

My best friend in all the world is Emily. Her brother went to see the doctor last week. He's had back trouble as long as I can remember and they've never known what to do about it. They admitted him on the spot when they saw him last week. They still didn't know what was wrong with him and have been doing all sorts of scans.

Today they decided what it was. It is a very rare disease where a tumour grows inside your spinal chord. They will opperate on him on Wednesday. He has to decide by the weekend one of two opinions. 1) The doctors remove a small amount of the tumour and he will live a relatively normal life for 5-10 years. 2) They take the whole thing and he will be parylised from the waist down automatically.

I don't know how anyone would make this kind of decision. He and his fiancee are supposed to be getting married at the end of August and have a tough decision to make. I've been crying ever since I found out, and I can't imagine how Sam and his family must feel. Emily seemed dazed and just so hurt.

Our God is so big. He's worked miracles before, we've all read about them, heard them, I've seen them in India, although not to this extent. Just pray that when they open him on wednesday, regardless of what decision he makes, that they might be somehow be surprised. Just pray God into that situation that seems so hopeless.

I am so thankful that I have friends who I can turn to with this prayer request that is tearing at my heart.

5 Comments:

Blogger jacquie said...

chick i think about you very often and will think about this too. love.

7:57 pm  
Blogger Béthany said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:17 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

thanks you two. I will find out his decision in a day or two, the opperation is on wednesday, please pray for a miracle on wenesday. I'm trying to get as many people as possible praying so spread the word!

6:07 pm  
Blogger Court said...

Oh beckyyy....... I'm so sorry. Perhaps this is perfect timing. When you get a minute read my blog.

10:35 pm  
Blogger Court said...

We're praying becky don't worry your not alone. We love you with love greater then ourselves.

7:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home