There's Only One Way...

I am who and what I am, I will try to be honest about facing that!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Precious time

I have a lot of thoughts today, I must be due a long blog.

I woke up this morning and my first thought was negative. Not a good way to start the day. Some of you may know that on Friday I leave for India on a short mission trip, and I found out yesterday that after our mammoth flight the 4 hour train journey we were supposed to take to the orphanages spiralled to a 10 hour detour as the direct route has been basically washed away. So this morning I woke up dreading this journey, dreading the tiredness, dreading the heat of the equator, dreading the challenges, dreading getting deli belly. Basically I woke up scared and a big wimp. I was getting ready for work and praying madly, but was still discouraged.

Coming out of work I couldn't help but smile, it was the first real sunny day we've had (still cold of course, its only April) and was a bit warmer and I'd finished an hour early. I came in the door with a smile on my face. It soon fell. My brother and dad were clearly upset about something. To cut a long story short our next door neighbour had died. We grew up in his house, his son is my brothers best friend, his daughter is only 15, he is only 40ish. I couldn't wrap my mind around it that he is gone, his heart stopped.

Right now my heart is bleeding for my friends and their loss, but more than that things like this remind you how very precious time is. Our life is a gift, every day is a surprise, truely anything could happen. I abuse that everyday, make my life mundane, complain, don't make the most of life. I challenge you, like I have been challenged, make the most of today, and to0morrow, and however many days we may be lucky to live. It could have been anyone of us, it could have been someone you knew, don't let time pass you by. My mum is devestated, she knew this man well and she never told him about Jesus.

So I go to India in a day or two, and I will be excited, God has planned this for me and I need to grab hold of it with both hands.

7 Comments:

Blogger Court said...

Becky, thanks for sharing. I hope that deli will be the experience that God is wanting you to have. I miss you deeply and I miss you love for God. Death is never a pretty thing, but it is a real opportunity to value those things around us. I will pray for you or your trip. I love you.

9:57 pm  
Blogger Stacie said...

im so sorry bout your neighbor chick.i am praying for your trip to india. hope it goes very well. i love you loads and really miss you. dont stress.

3:51 pm  
Blogger Josh said...

Hope that everything goes well. God is always using you! Much love and prayer.

1:10 pm  
Blogger jacquie said...

love you

6:23 pm  
Blogger Court said...

Write me and email when you get back form india. Thanks. Love you

3:21 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Becky, hope your trip goes really well. You're amazing, chicken.

8:12 am  
Blogger shinbone #4 said...

BECKY!!!I didn't know you had a blog!! I'm so excited to find you here. I'm sad that you won't see this comment for ages because you are in India having all sorts of adventures. I am glad I found you know though, so I can pray for you while you are there. I miss YOU!!! I'm so sorry we never had a bit more time together in the end, but I loved our last walk round the loop, and our trip to Kirby, and ALL of it. Feel free to write me sometime K? Or come check out my blog... use this comment to access it.
Love you, miss you!!
XX's

7:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home