A challenge
I choose love.....
No occasion justifies hatred. No injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love.. today I will love God and what God loves.
I choose joy.....
I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical... the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as any less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.
I choose peace.....
I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.
I choose patience.....
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place I will invite him to do so. Rather than complain that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of clenching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.
I choose kindness.....
I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone. Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.
I choose goodness.....
I will go without a pound before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse. I choose goodness.
I choose faithfulness.....
Today I will keep my promises. My debtors will not regret their trust. My assosicates will not question my word. My wife/husband will not question my love. And my children will never fear that their father/mother will not come home.
I choose gentleness.....
Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it only be in praise. If I clench my fist, may it only be in prayer. If I make a demand, may it only be of myself.
I choose self-control.....
I am a spiritual being, after this body is dead my spirit will soar. I refuse to let what will rot rule the eternal. I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I will be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ. I choose self-control.
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace. And then, when the day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.
Emily gave this to me, and I thought it was a really good outline of what we should aim for in our day and good to have a few more details on how we can use the fruits of the spirit. I think she copied it out of a book, but I don't know which one so I can't give the author creit. Instead I give the glory to God!


1 Comments:
My Becky... so sorry I couldn't talk to you today. I was still traveling until about 2 hours ago. Know that I was so happy to talk to you the other day and I will try so very hard to talk to you again soon.
Love you always
yours sister in chrsit
Court
Post a Comment
<< Home